Let’s talk Scentsy Storage
We all have them, and sometimes we have them in stacks on a shelf, in a closet .. in the freezer (yup, I said it.. frozen Scentsy Bars)
It’s a question that comes up a lot ..
- Everyone has their favorite scents, am I right?
- Then there are the trial scents you choose to try from New Releases when the new catalogs are released, in hopes to find another favorite to add to your list.
- Don’t forget about the scents to celebrate Christmas or Valentine’s Day because why the heck not?
- What about the seasons in general .. like fall, when you need those spicy scents
- If you’re anything like my husband and I, we each have our faves, so factor in those as well..
So, let’s say you have about 4 candle warmers in your home, I’m thinking with the list above and the 4 warmers, you’ll need a minimum of what … 41 Scentsy Bars? Let’s round it up to say 50, just in case you need to have a few on hand for gifts or what not.
Storage is Important!
The way you store your Scentsy bars can affect a scents’ character, duration and performance.
Scentsy has gathered together a list of dos and don’ts on how to properly store your candle bars to maximize their shelf life:
- Do keep them in a cool, dark place. (We like to store ours in the linen closet)
- Do lay them flat
- Don’t leave them in direct sunlight for long lengths of time. The scent will totally change for the worse, trust me.
- Do use the “first in, first out rule”! Be sure to use the older bars in your stash first.
- Don’t keep your Scentsy Bars in the car on a hot day — the sun will most likely melt them.
- Don’t use the freeze method — it’s too extreme for most fragrance oils. (We’ve tested it, Don’t do it!)
- Don’t keep too many Scentsy Bars on hand. (Hahahahaha — we’re only kidding. We’re enablers! Go ahead and stock up.)
But … Do stock up each catalog season on the Scentsy bars that you’ll use right away. (Not many folks will use Winter Pine in July, but we’re not judging)